You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc have assembled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the current temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 224-412-8308.