Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Carpentersville is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc in Carpentersville at 224-412-8308 today.