Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Carpentersville season, have the professionals at Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc today at 224-412-8308.