When it’s chilly in Carpentersville you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system seems to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could indicate a few particular problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.