The chilly temperatures in winter usually manifest as high heating bills. Can you find ways to keep your home warm without escalating your energy cost so much? Yes! Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc has some ideas for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help increase your energy efficiency and lower your heating bills this winter:
- Use sunny days in Carpentersville to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds and allow the sun to give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from leaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can take control of your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and help improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work more and lower your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick examination of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns covered? Clear the way for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start shopping for a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help decrease your energy bills for years to come.
- You’re probably aware that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and leak out through the attic. Keep your attic well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- It’s a little-known fact, but heat can escape through your roof. Examine it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is a lot of work, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to boost your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 224-412-8308. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable throughout the year, even in the harshest Carpentersville weather.