As spring rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Carpentersville? Especially if your air conditioning system is newer or was cooling good last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to book any work for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc professional can help find minor problems before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly lower your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up inside your unit can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy needs—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify minor problems before they turn into large, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely look at components and complete a series of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth processes often allow us to identify issues before they create big problems that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your system is open to premature meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the following locations and components:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Right Away with Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc pros a ring at 224-412-8308 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.