As spring begins, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Carpentersville? Especially if your cooling system is recently installed or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Controlled Comfort HVAC specialist can help spot minor issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine pieces and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and components:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Controlled Comfort HVAC
Now is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Controlled Comfort HVAC pros a shout at 224-412-8308 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.