Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. The majority of smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc in Carpentersville at 224-412-8308. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.