Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Carpentersville during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Controlled Comfort HVAC Inc at 224-412-8308 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.